Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cardboard Sculptures

My preschool itty bitties recently visited the sculpture garden outside the National Gallery (a perk of living near DC!), and so we reviewed what they saw on their trip.  We've talked about sculpture before and they learned the sculpture song.  So these little ones can tell you exactly what a sculpture is.

They made cardboard sculptures out of egg cartons, paper rolls, odd cardboard packing materials, and scrap cardboard.  The next week they painted the sculptures.



 The little girl on the left of this video, had the sculpture song stuck in her head and sang it repeatedly.  I got so tickled.  She was happy to let me film as she sang.

1 comment:

  1. The sculpture garden at the National Gallery is wonderful. I agree living near DC is amazing. I just love these cardboard sculptures. I will have to keep this one in mind for my pre-k kids.

    ReplyDelete